Z Hair Academy offers financial aid for those who qualify. Please follow the steps below and call if you have questions.
Z Hair Academy - School Code 041329
- Get free information and help from your school counselor, the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend, or the U.S. Department of Education at www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov or 1-800-433-3243
- Get a Federal Aid Student PIN, a personal identification number. A PIN lets you apply, “sign” your online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), make corrections to your application information and more-so keep it safe. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to get one.
- Collect the documents needed to apply, including income tax returns and W-2 forms (and other records of income). A full list of what you need is at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Tax returns not completed at the time you apply? Estimate the tax information, apply, and correct information later.
- Complete the FAFSA within the required school year. Apply online (the faster and easier way) by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you don’t already have your PIN, you can get one when you complete the online FAFSA.
- ED will send your Student Aid Report(SAR)- the result of your FAFSA. Review your SAR and, if necessary, make changes or corrections and submit your SAR for reprocessing. Your complete SAR will contain your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)- the number used to determine your federal student aid eligibility.
- Your school might request additional information from you. Be sure to respond by any deadlines, or you might not receive federal student aid.
- All applicants: Contact the financial aid office at 785-749-1488 if you have any questions about the aid being offered.
Types of Federal Financial Aid
Federal Loans: The FAFSA will determine your eligibility to receive loans. The loan amount is determined by need. There are three types of loans:
- Direct Subsidized Loans* are awarded on the basis of financial need. No interest is charged while you are attending school. Repayment begins six months after program completion/graduation.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans* are not based on financial need. Interest is charged during all periods of the loan including the time you are attending school. Repayment begins six months after program completion/graduation.
- Direct (Parent) PLUS Loans* for parents of dependent students if FAFSA does not cover all expenses. Interst is charged during all periods of the loan including the time you are attending school Parents may borrow up to the student's unmet cost of attendance The PLUS Loan is a credit based program and eligibility is determined by completing a simple credit application. Completing this form does not require the parent to take out a parent PLUS loan. If a parent of a dependent student is denied the PLUS Loan, the student is then eligible for additional Direct Unsubsidized Loans.
- Pell Grant: Based on your FAFSA you may be awarded Pell Grant. This grant is awarded by need and is considered gift aid and does not require repayment.
The below code of conduct applies to all officers, employees, and agents of Z Hair Academy:
Neither Z Hair Academy, nor any of officers, employees, or agents will enter into any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender as any arrangement between a college and lender that results in the lender paying a fee or other benefits, including a share of its profits, to the college, or its officers, employees, or agents as a results of the college recommending the lender to its students or families of those students
Financial Aid Office employees or employees who otherwise have responsibilities with respect to education loans or financial aid will not accept gifts from any lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer. A "gift" is defined as any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or other item having monetary value of than a de minimus amount.
Financial Aid Office employees or employees who otherwise have responsibilies with respect to education loans will not accept any fee, payment or financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to educational loans.
Z Hair Academy and its officers, employees or agents will not steer borrowers to particular lenders, or delay loan certifications.
Z Hair Academy and its officers, employees or agents will not request or accept any agreement or offer of funds for private loans. This includes any offer of funds for loans to students at the institution, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, in exchange for providing concessions or promises to the lender for a specific number of loans, or incursions on a preferred lender list.
Z Hair Academy and its officers, employees or agents will not request or accept any assistance with call center staffing of financial aid office staffing.
Employees of Z Hair Academy will not receive anything of value from a lender, guarantor, or group in exchange for serving on an advisory board. They may, however, accept reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred while serving in this capacity.