FAFSA School Code: 041329
If you have already filled out a FAFSA, there is no need to do it again. Just add the Z Hair Academy School code. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically upload your text information to your FAFSA.
We know this is a lot of info…
Invest in Your Future
You deserve to invest in a successful future! That’s why Z Hair Academy assists students and prospective students through financial aid services and guidance in obtaining grants, loans, cosmetology scholarships and veteran benefits.
Scholarships & Financial Aid Information
Federal Student Aid
Steps to apply & complete the FAFSA
Grants & Student Loans
Available grants & Student Loans
- Veteran Benefits
Apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-studies and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Get free information and help from a Z Hair Academy financial aid representative or the U.S. Department of Education via https://StudentAid.ed.gov or 1-800-433-3243.
Federal Financial Aid Requirements
To receive federal student aid, you will need to:
- Qualify to obtain a college or career school education, either by having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate or by completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be registered for Selective Service, if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25).
- Have a valid Social Security number unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federal States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Sign certifying statements on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) stating that (a) you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe a refund on a federal grant and (b) you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in college or career school.
In addition, you must (a) be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National, (b) have a Green Card, (c) have an Arrival-Departure Record, (d) have Battered Immigrant Status, or (e) have a T-VISA.
Steps to Complete the FAFSA
1. Apply for a FAFSA ID
Your ID is your electronic signature for FAFSA on the web. If you are a dependent student (see below to determine if you are), your parents will also need to apply for an ID to sign your FAFSA.
The Department of Education considers a student independent by the following criteria:
- You are at least 24 years old on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are married on the day you file your FAFSA
- You are a parent
- You are an Orphan or Ward of the Court (or were until age 18)
- You are a Veteran or currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- You were a foster child after the age of 13
- You are an emancipated child as determined by a court judge
If none of the above criteria apply to you, you’re a dependent student, which means that your parents will also need to apply for an ID to sign your FAFSA.
2. Gather Information
Gather your most recent tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
- If you are a dependent student, you will also need YOUR PARENT(S) tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
- If you are a married student on the day you complete your FAFSA, you also need your SPOUSE to provide their most recent tax information (Federal 1040 and W-2 forms)
Please note: If you are unable to locate your W-2(s), you can visit your local IRS building. If you are unable to locate your tax return(s), please visit www.irs.gov and complete a tax transcript request form. If you would prefer, a Z Hair Academy financial aid representative can help you to complete the form at one of our locations.
Complete the FAFSA by following the link below.
- If you have already filled out a FAFSA, there is no need to do it again. Just add the Z Hair Academy School code.
- The Z Hair Academy school code you will need to use is 041329.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically upload your text information to your FAFSA.
- Please remember the FAFSA is a FREE application for Federal Student Aid and will never ask for payment information.
Federal Pell Grant
A Federal Pell Grant is for students with financial need and does not have to be repaid. All students are automatically considered for a Pell Grant when the FAFSA is filed (see information above).
Direct Subsidized Loan
A Direct Subsidized Loan is a low-interest loan with a fixed interest rate in which the federal government pays the interest while the student is in school and during periods of authorized deferment.
Direct Unsubsidized Loan
A Direct Unsubsidized Loan is a low-interest loan with a fixed interest rate in which the student is responsible for the interest, and it accrues while in school, during the grace period and during periods of deferment and forbearance. It is not based on financial need.
Direct Parent Plus Loan
A Direct Parent Plus Loan is a Parent Loan for students. It enables parents with good credit histories to borrow money to pay for their child’s expenses.
Cosmetology scholarships are available from a number of resources. If you are awarded a scholarship, please report the award to a Z Hair Academy financial aid representative so your scholarship can be processed.
The Clinton E. McKenzie Memorial Scholarship
The Clinton E. McKenzie Memorial Scholarship was established in 2013. Clinton, the patriarch of the McKenzie family, was a hairdresser for over 60 years. Even after quadruple by-pass surgery and the loss of his right leg, he dressed hair in his Missouri salon until his passing. He said his love of hairdressing got him through the surgeries because he had something to look forward to. Every day, at 6:00 a.m., Mr. Clinton was there to cut, color, and style the ladies and gents.
We know he would be honored to have his name on a scholarship that helps future professionals with their education. Each enrolled student can qualify for up to $1000.00 to be applied toward tuition.
- The scholarship does not have a cash value and can only be used for the reduction of tuition.
- There is no guarantee of qualification.
- A scholarship award can affect the amount of Title IV financial aid for which a student may qualify.
- If a student does not complete the program, the entire scholarship award becomes null and void.
Part 1: $500
- The student shall complete the application form and submit two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members within fifteen (15) days of the start date. Once this time frame has passed, the student is no longer eligible for any portion of the award.
- Letters of recommendation must be on letterhead from the company or organization in which the person is employed.
- Letters will only be accepted in hard copy format with signature. NO emailed letters will be accepted.
- The student shall maintain a 95% or higher cumulative attendance rate (no more than 80 absent hours).
- The student shall maintain a cumulative GPA of 90% or higher (written/practical).
- The student shall earn Level 2 status.
Part 2: $250
- The student shall complete 12 hours of shadowing in an approved salon.
- Hours spent shadowing in a salon shall not count toward the 1500-hour state board requirement for completion.
- Salon shadowing shall be scheduled/completed after earning a minimum of 900 clock hours.
- All required shadowing documents must be turned in to receive credit.
- The student shall complete a Portfolio Project and Resume as assigned.
- The student shall participate in the Student Showcase (if applicable).
Part 3: $250
- The student shall earn Level 3 status.
- The student shall have no violation(s) of school policies that result in an Advisory Report, probation, or suspension. Such violations shall exclude the student from receiving any portion of the scholarship awards even if all qualifications were met.
- All requirements must be met to be eligible for the scholarship.
Other Scholarship Options
American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS):
The American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS) partners with industry sponsors to offer scholarships and grants to deserving cosmetology students.
Beauty Changes Lives
The Beauty Changes Lives Foundation is committed to uniting the beauty industry to support the next generation of beauty and wellness professionals. Since its inception, the foundation has awarded over $2 million and over 300 scholarships to cosmetology, nail, massage, and esthetic students.
A scholarship database that matches you to relevant scholarship opportunities based on your educational goals, activities, and interests.
Professional Beauty Association (PBA)
PBA is dedicated to continually offering beauty professionals opportunities to grow their careers through education.